Citra Perempuan dalam Novel Laut Bercerita karya Leila S. Chudori
Image of Women in Sea Story Novel by Leila S. Chudori
Keywords:image, feminist literary criticism, laut bercerita novels, women, ruthven
AbstractThis study aims to describe the dominant image of women depicted in the novel Laut Bercerita by Leila S Chudori. The problem that arises in this study is how is the image of a female character named Asmara Jati in the novel Laut Bercerita by Leila S Chudori. This research includes the type of qualitative descriptive research. The data were taken from reading the novel Laut Bercerita by Leila S Chudori in the form of words and direct and indirect sentences. Data collection techniques in this study were carried out using the read-and-note method. The data is then identified and analyzed based on the theory of feminist literary criticism from Ruthven's perspective. In this article, the image of female characters is found, including self-image and social image. Women's self-image consists of physical and psychological images. In the physical image, Asmara Jati is described as a young, assertive woman. In the psychic image of Asmara Jati, it is described as a woman with a stable psyche, tough, intelligent, brave, compassionate, and caring. Meanwhile, the social image consists of the family and society. The image in the family of Asrama Jati figures as a child, a younger sibling, and a family member with a high sense of caring and love for their parents. Meanwhile, the image in the Asmara Jati community is that of a woman who is active, caring, responsible, and a driving force for the Commission on Missing Persons.
Aspriyanti, L., Supriyanto, R. T., & Nugroho, Y. E. (2022). Citra perempuan dalam novel si anak pemberani karya Tere Liye: kajian kritik sastra feminisme. JBSI; Jurnal Bahasa Dan Sastra Indonesia, 2(2), 261–268. https://doi.org/10.47709/jbsi.v2i2.1880
Fitriani, N., Qomariyah, U., & Sumartini. (2018). Citra perempuan jawa dalam novel Hati Sinden karya Dwi Rahyuningsih: kajian feminisme liberal. Jurnal Sastra Indonesia, 7(1), 62–72. http://journal.unnes.ac.id/sju/index.php/jsi
Handono, S., Pressanti, D. A., & Shintya. (2014). Gaya pengarang dan citra perempuan dalam sastra. Balai Bahasa Provinsi Jawa Tengah, Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa Kementrian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Hermawati, D., & Ekasiswanto, R. (2013). Citra perempuan suku Dani dalam novel etnografi Sali: kisah seorang wanita suku Dani karya Dewi Linggasari : analisis kritik sastra feminis Ruthven. Semiotika, 14(2).
Maghfiroh, N. V. (2018). Citra perempuan jawa dalam novel canting karya Arswendo Atmowiloto dan Amba karya Laksmi Pamuntjak. Estetik, 1(1), 69–83.
Majid, H. (2019). Citra perempuan dalam novel pudarnya pesona Cleopatra karya Habiburrahman El Shirazy. Prosiding Senasbasa, 3, 3–2. http://research-report.umm.ac.id/index.php/
Novera, D., Hayati, Y., & Nasution, M. I. (2017). Citra perempuan dalam novel pulang karya Leila S. Chudori. Jurnal Bahasa Dan Sastra, 5(1), 1–15. http://ejournal.unp.ac.id/index.php/ibs/article/view/9863/7333
Nurhayati, E. (2014). Psikologi perempuan dalam berbagai perspektif (2nd ed.). Pustaka Pelajar.
Pardi. (2019). Citra perempuan Jawa dalam novel merantau ke Deli karya Hamka. Wahana Inovasi, 8(1), 229–238.
Ruthven, K. K. (1990). Feminist literary studies: an introduction. Cambridge University Press.
Sofia, A. (2009). Aplikasi kritik sastra feminis; Perempuan dalam karya Kuntowijoyo. Citra Pustaka.
Sugihastuti, & Suharto. (2016). Kritik Sastra Feminis; Teori dan Aplikasinya. Pustaka Pelajar.
Ulviani, M. (2018). Citra perempuan dalam novel Nayla karya Djenar Maesa Ayu dan novel Tuha, Izinkan aku menjadi pelacur karya Muhidin M. Dahlan (sebuah kajian kritik feminisme). Jurnal Konfiks, 5(2), 107–121.
Wardani, H. I. K., & Ratih, R. (2020). Citra perempuan dalam novel Kala karya Stedani Bella dan Syahid Muhammad. Alinea : Jurnal Bahasa Sastra Dan Pengajaran, 9(2), 164–172. http://jurnal.unsur.ac.id/ajbsi
Wolf, N. (2013). Fire with fire: New female power and how it will change the twenty-first century. Random House.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Elke Aulia Putri Mardiana, Tristanti Apriyani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright and License
Authors published in this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of each article is retained by the author (s).
- The author grants the journal the first publication rights with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, allowing others to share the work with an acknowledgment of authorship and the initial publication in this journal.
- Authors may enter into separate additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of published journal versions of the work (for example, posting them to institutional repositories or publishing them in a book), with acknowledgment of their initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (For example in the Institutional Repository or on their website) before and during the submission process, as this can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and larger citations of published work.
- Articles and all related material published are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
KIBAS CENDERAWASIH: Jurnal Ilmiah Kebahasaan & Kesastraan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to :
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material.
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.